Monday 30 July 2018

Personal blog (1)


"What do you want to do with your life?" A friend of mine asked me this question as we were leaving a lecture room; this question got me really thinking hard. Other than becoming a professional journalist, I've really never thought about what exactly I  do want in my life, other than getting the Range Rover Sports 2018 which blew my brains off and I had to add it to my list of needs,get it right not the wish list😉. 

But come to think of it ,what I need in my life is something close to what my parents have had and shared in their life, not necessarily their profession. The base of their life was peace and happiness, that's how they lived and still do. I'll find them giggling and whispering to each other and I'll be like damn, I need that typa love and self re-assuarance. By peaceful,I mean being happy and contented with where I am and believing in growth over time. Forgiving myself for the mistakes I've done in the past and having the heart to forgive and letting go of that what tried to make me weak.

I have been concentrating a bit too much on my posts and snaps, negative vibes plus other minute things, that I don't remember the last time someone asked me how my day was and I didn't complain how busy and hectic it was. I need to work on getting that uncontrollable laughter frequently and always smiling genuinely, because trying to convince someone that am enjoying a conversation ,yet I've yawned five times in my head is such a difficult task. The next time someone will be asking me how my day was,I want to smile and remember the color of the cloud, the different scents I inhaled, the meal I shared with friends and family during the day. The jokes we shared.Plus other positive highlights of the day I had.Not thinking of how I ran the whole day looking for a printer, stuck in traffic,getting late for a lecture, getting a muscle pull, thinking about the call I had from the HR,"Did I impress them?" and some shit load of term papers, damn that thing needs to be banned in uni😂

I do love travelling and exploring new places, actually there was a point in life when I wanted to be a tourist full time, and when other kids were asked "Champ, what do you want to be when you grow up?" They'd say a doctor, engineer,nurse, lawyer  Then there was lil Osman who'd simply reply, "Ohhh.....A tourist" Am sure my pre school teachers we laughing damn hard, that i equaly cant stop smilling every time someone who knows this story talks about it. I was so fascinated with all this idea that I got a Safari hat from my elder sister who played the role of my santa during one of the Christmas holidays🎅
How I found out that she was the santa clause is a story for another day.

I cannot say I'm a hundred percent that am sure of what I want to do with my life, but taking the first step and writing down some of the things I want to do and starting to work on some of them,I believe that's more than miles covered. That's why I've labelled this blog as number one.

Now here's to living🍻. On that note I think I need a vacation to explore a new place, actually lemme make it a part of a country.  And if you got any idea that I won't be posting some of my activities,then you're WRONG cause am documenting my life for future nolstagic moments. So dearly beloved Press PLAY.😉



9 comments:

  1. "But come to think of it, what I need in my life is something close to what my parents have had and shared in their life, not necessarily their profession." That is the meaning of life. That it is a must I build a career & spend the rest of my life waking up, attending a job because I need the money to survive. But right before I fall asleep I think about the conversations I had that day, the laughter & tears. Because when everything ceases, it is the human relationships I form that matter, for the most part. That is where I get to live & be alive. Even eulogies talk about the person, not the material. And that part about you wanting to be a tourist when everyone wanted to be a doctor had me laughing! Anyway love this! :/sorry for the long comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. A piece of wise words of the kind of life we all wish to have..with happiness i want that kinda life... .good work @Osman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it this is the part of life no one thinks about... great piece!!

    ReplyDelete