Wednesday 14 February 2018

12 INCHES A SPACE

When they say love makes one not think straight,trust you me this is an understatement.You'll not only not think straight but also think about the person you love constantly.I had known Tom for three months now and each time we met,I'd fall deeper.The  trick my heart was performing was way too complex for my brain to interpret.
The first time I met him.I never thought it was going to be a big deal since there was nothing extra ordinary about him.He had a simple look on him plus his sense of fashion was modest .He was older and if you gave him a kin look you would notice that he looked way more mature from his experiences with life. From a distance,you could pick up his native accent.My ideal man wasn't supposed to look or sound anything close to him other than his height which he was a 6ft.Feel me when I tell you that I couldn't put it around my fingers why I loved him unconditionally?I guess that's where the love string angels decided to do a turn on me,cause immediately we shared our first kiss,I had my left leg mid way on the air drown to him like a drug.


Being the girl,guys used to ask me out a lot, but in this case I used to ask him out on dates which he'll postpone or worse yet not show up.I remember this time when we had decided to take go out on a coffee date,I waited for him for 45 minutes before I decided to place my order."Excuse me miss your next lattè will be on the house."The waiter said this to me sheepishly.I was on my 4th cup,I guess the coffee shop hadn't received a singular person who had consumed way too many cups than me or better yet they were trying to cheer me up with a free lattè cause I had a devastated look on my face.This was one of the many occasions where I got stood up with no perfect explanation and when I asked him he would shrug it off with how busy his day was.Not with a text or a call to inform me of the cancellation.My friends would discourage me from all this calling it a toxic relationship,only shared by one and pleaded with me to let it go,"Sheila you deserve way better than this."I knew this all way to well but NO!I wanted the unlovable Tom.This went on for a while,every time I would expect him to change for the better.That's when it hit me that if we took a break,it would give him some breathing space so that he would know exactly what he wanted.I would tell him we needed to talk but every time I saw his smile,the taking a break talk would fly away.As much as I loved him,I knew I had to end the cycle I was in.I couldn't leave with the hurt I felt inside."Babe I think we should take a break with our relationship." "Our relationship?"He said coolly with his eyes still fixed on the road. "Yeah,you've not been acting right.I need to feel your presence in my life,get response to my texts,a call or two during or after the day;but you only talk to me once in a while or when you want us to hook up something that I don't think I can keep up with."I said with a fragile voice and teary eyes. "But I don't remember having been in a relationship with you.It was all fun,wasn't it on your side?And I thought you knew am dating Brenda"He said with a boyish grin. "Who's Brenda?"...

Stick around for part 2

5 comments: